Senior Software EngineerApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Embraces design precepts and will be a collaborative team player, able to communicate their ideas with colleagues and management
- Responsible for requirements gathering, architecting solutions, data modeling, and implementation
- Rapidly iterate on platform features, developing elegant solutions
- Debug problems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources
- Holds a strong grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies
- Performs in a fast-paced environment
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Migrate existing code to drupal 8 and beyond
- Facilitate smart solutions for delivering cms data to customer teams
- Work with cross functional teams to build and iterate new features for the platform
- 5+ years web development experience in PHP
- Extensive experience with core form api, Views and Entities
- Independently design, code, and test technical solutions
- Agile experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux internals and shell scripting
- Experience working with source control systems; svn, git
- Knowledge of open source software
- Familiarity with administration of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other relational databases
- Familiarity with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with cloud tools and products such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Knowledge of modern CMS systems and trends
- Clearly articulates throughs and ideas verbally and/or in writing
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
- Experience with online video management and delivery
- Experience with Lucene/SOLR
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with drush and drupal console
- UI Frameworks with React, Vue, Node and/or Angular
- Knowledge of multiple online publishing environments
- Working knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online) and SEO
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, business, or related fields preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.