Senior Software EngineerApply
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation, as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about entertainment, technology, news, games, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about entertainment, technology, news, games, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Meet with members of the Product, Engineering, Marketing and BI teams to discuss and advise on projects and implement data-driven solutions that drive the business.
- Design and develop web applications for use by business stakeholders.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and consistent tracking of its performance.
- Design and create products that integrate with in-house as well as vendor solutions.
- Find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via SQL, python, statistical analysis and communicate findings with data visualizations and or dashboards.
- Mentor other engineers and assist with code reviews during the design and development phase
- Develop and promote best practices in engineering
- Staying knowledgeable of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience with full-stack application development.
- 2+ years of experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
- Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Strong problem solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions
- Familiarity with version control systems. (Git)
- Experience designing and developing APIs.
- Proficiency in distributed computing and large-scale data.
- Familiarity with SQL skills for MySQL, Postgres, and BigQuery to perform common types of analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
- Experience with Workflow systems such as Airflow.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled