Senior Software Engineer, CBS All AccessApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Work with other engineers to maintain and evolve our video encoding platform.
- Build out cloud-based microservices to support video processing workflows.
- Set up, implement and maintain continuous delivery and integration strategies across services and projects.
- Manage and automate our asset ingestion pipeline for accepting assets from various ViacomCBS brands and processing them in our CMS.
- Lead the design, implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, sizing, and infrastructure as code.
- Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Evolve and automate asset ingestion pipeline.
- Build out microservices for our cloud (AWS/GCP) video processing workflows.
- Lead/Implement feature development on our video encoding platform.
- Contribute in development of Live Events Manager tools.
- Learn and build out video packaging workflows.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with containers technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaS) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with technical writing and design documentation
- Experience in programming languages such as PHP, Python, C/C++
- Experience working with video codecs: H264, HEVC, AV1, VP9
- Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming
- Familiarity with modern video codecs like H264, VP8, VP9, AV1
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar, relevant field