Senior Software Backend EngineerApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services.
- Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines.
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle.
- Migrate our API services/systems to cloud infrastructures and software
- Find smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or via machine learning
- Discover reliable ways to manage, retrieve, store, and secure our data around the globe
- 5+ Years product software development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid Java, Linux, Shell scripting, Python ability
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with RDBMs
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Search Technologies
- Experience with Distributed Systems (both in system design and data storage)
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.) a plus
- Working knowledge of build tools a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled