Senior Social Media Producer - ETonline.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Entertainment Tonight is launching an interactive streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video. It will be available live and on-demand 24/7 via our app, on OTT, desktop, mobile and across social platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We’re looking for a creative and capable Senior Social Media Producer to lead the social strategy for Entertainment Tonight’s new streaming service, ET Live. This role will also work closely with and elevate ET’s nightly broadcast show and 24/7 online entertainment news site. We’re looking for someone with the ability to juggle projects and multi-task under tight deadlines. The right candidate will also have a real love for celebrity and pop culture and a creative knack for pitching/producing social content that people want to watch and share.
- Produce quality video/graphic social elements for ET Live to share across our major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
- Work closely with ET Live’s Executive Producer and other senior producers, attending daily meetings, advising the team on social best practices and overarching strategy
- Identify, pitch and share stories making news or building buzz in entertainment and pop culture
- Execute, and assist in creation of, a constantly evolving social strategy, including:
- Implementing an authentic, fun and compelling brand voice
- Coordinating smart, accurate and shareable social content for live programming
- Cultivating, managing and engaging an online audience, building direct relationships with fans and influencers
- Track and report on ET Live’s social performance, including:
- Providing ongoing insights and strategic recommendations to continually build community and increase engagement
- Listening to, escalating and acting on fan feedback
- May include occasional or scheduled shifts that require night and weekend work
- Working with the social team and ET Live team to develop the social strategy around the launch of ET Live
- Creating social guidelines for breaking news and large tentpole events (GRAMMYs, Oscars, Comic-Con) as well as set visits, film premieres and exclusive interviews
- Building and executing a social-specific content plan for celebrity guests that appear on ET Live
- Working with the ETonline.com editorial and video teams to create accurate and engaging social content based on ET’s exclusive reporting
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A journalism background in a digital or broadcast newsroom, specifically 4+ years working in social or digital media
- Experience creating strategy around large-scale projects
- A competitive nature that thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires both speed and accuracy
- A unironic love of pop culture
- The ability to multitask
- Prior experience with Photoshop or basic graphic design skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
You might also have –
- History of creating compelling video content for platforms including YouTube, Instagram and/or Facebook
- Experience covering live events: Red carpets, events, junkets, film festivals, etc.
- An unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition
- A keen awareness of a social media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand
- Experience building an organic audience around a new show or other major initiative
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled