Senior Revenue AccountantApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and in accordance to GAAP and CBSi revenue recognition policies; review and analyze CBS Interactive customer agreements
- Work closely with business development and legal to ensure proper setup of revenue contracts
- Maintain contract management database and revenue share partner payment system; accurately reconcile gross annual revenue amounts and track corresponding payment schedules
- Review transactional level detail including accounts payable transactions and adjust the ledger accordingly
- Perform monthly close responsibilities; prepare/review journal entries and reconciliations including but not limited to: accounts receivable, revenue to cash reconciliations, and deferred revenue.
- Maintain supporting schedules and complete reconciliations for deferred revenue and other accounts
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process.
- Participate in ad-hoc AR and/or revenue accounting projects
- Collaborate with Sales Operations, Data Engineers, Oracle developers, and FP&A to continuously improve efficiency and streamline the order-to-cash process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must
- Must adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vLookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- CPA preferred
- Oracle R12 or major ERP experience
- Entertainment & Media revenue accounting experience a major plus
- Experience researching Gross vs. Net ASC 606 preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled