Senior Public Relations ManagerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Promote CBS News Digital initiatives to trade and consumer press, field media requests, and develop close working relationships with media to ensure ongoing coverage of CBS News Digital and CBSN in both dedicated and industry stories. Promotion efforts will include CBSN and CBSNews.com original programming and content, correspondents, and breaking news coverage, as well as digital platform launches and user growth.
- Meet and communicate with CBS News Digital executive leadership and CBSN producers to determine priorities for promotion and develop PR plans and strategies.
- Create talking points, press releases, press lists and other materials.
- Partner with CBS News broadcast PR and cross-functional digital teams such as product, social, marketing, and sales to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for CBSN and CBS News Digital.
- Vet and secure speaking engagements/panels for CBS News Digital executives and CBSN anchors and correspondents.
- Manage award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gathering supporting materials.
- Since its launch in November 2014, CBSN has grown significantly, and continues to create new original programming, launch on new platforms, and expand its viewership. The Senior PR Manager will be responsible for driving a PR strategy to differentiate CBSN and CBS News Digital in an increasingly competitive landscape and to position CBS News Digital’s executive team as leaders in the industry.
- On the content side, one focus of the Senior PR Manager will be to spotlight CBSN’s in-depth political coverage initiatives throughout the 2018 midterm elections and beyond.
- The Senior PR Manager will also have the opportunity as a key part of the CBS Interactive PR team to help drive the industry leadership positioning of the broader CBS Digital Media group and its properties, spanning CBSN, CBS All Access, CBS Sports HQ and others.
- At least 5-7 years of hands-on media relations experience in the digital media industry is essential, preferably with previous news publicity experience
- Solid knowledge of and passion for the digital media and news industries
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, generate new story angles, and create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives
- Responsibility as a team player and flexibility to work closely with various business units across the Corporation and in different offices in New York City
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social media savvy
- Bachelor’s degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled