Senior Producer, Special ProjectsApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
This position is key to CBSN production of ongoing specials and short term and long term assignments/projects. The Senior Producer of Special Projects is responsible for developing and overseeing the production of original, newsworthy series and specials as well as sponsored segments that are in line with our various franchises.
- Conceptualize content initiatives around CBSN’s digital content and original series
- Coordinate with CBS Digital and CBS News news production teams.
- Coordinate with the the CBSN technical team.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of original series and content of CBSN.
- Strategize with the CBSN Originals documentary team
- Create and oversee long term projects that will help grow the CBSN brand
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a fast-paced tv/web newsroom
- At least 5 years experience in content and line producing
- Bachelors in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent
- Experience in rights and clearances of video and photographic content
- Strong editorial skills and the ability to vet sources, internally and externally
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong understanding of both domestic and international news.
- Must exercise network level news judgment and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled