Senior Producer, Entertainment TonightApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Entertainment Tonight is launching an anchored streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video across all digital, social and OTT platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We’re looking for a creative and connected Senior Producer with a passion for pop culture, a flair for storytelling and a native understanding of the digital media space to drive our daily editorial coverage. Besides helping lead the newsroom and control room, the Senior will also manage the re-packaging of show segments for social. The candidate needs to possess extensive knowledge of entertainment/lifestyle content, a deep background in news and live production (preferably in TV), and strong expertise with social strategy.
- Oversee a unit of producers, technical staff, on-air talent and social personnel to produce several hours of live/VOD content daily
- Identify newsworthy, compelling and shareable segments, launch/assign stories and stack rundown, pivoting to breaking news as needed
- Develop a network of sources who can break news
- Cultivate informed and interesting guests
- Manage the connection between on-air unit and social/syndication team
- Plan and execute futures and special events coverage
- Assist EP in developing production style and staffing structure
- Coordinate content integration across platforms (broadcast/OTT/social)
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+years’ experience at a senior or supervising producer level, including handling breaking news and stacking a live rundown
- A genuine love and excitement for celebrity news and pop culture/lifestyle content
- Proven experience with all aspects of television/digital production, including running a Control Room
- Strong knowledge of social/digital strategy, including producing content in multiple formats for different platforms
- Ability to plan a coverage calendar and execute short and long-term editorial strategy
- Capacity to give direct, constructive feedback to help develop a staff
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including event coverage
You might also have –
- Track record of creating original content based upon breaking news, social memes and trends
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage
- Understanding of SEO and similar content production best practices
- Ability to monitor real-time analytics to guide coverage
- Experience covering live events: Red carpets, events, junkets, film festivals, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled