Senior Privacy EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented.
- Collaborate with product development teams creating new uses of data to assess data use and employ privacy features.
- Assist with data subject privacy rights requests; designing services to assist with response and assessing improvements to architecture.
- Advise on enterprise data architecture.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements to mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections, and advise on when each solution is appropriate.
- Collaborate with risk team to perform regular privacy assessments of products and operational processes, and identify and mitigate those risks across the company.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to privacy product manager and key stakeholders.
- Build relationships with a broad set of internal employees to drive positive privacy outcomes throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Act as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization.
- Establish and manage tools for documenting and tracking compliance with CBS’s global legal obligations, including data impact assessments, legitimate interest assessments, data subject requests, business process mapping, and breach notification
- Identify and implement operational technical improvements to embed privacy and data protection in the way teams work at CBS Interactive.
You have –
- Outstanding written and spoken communications skills
- Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages
- Working knowledge of web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or related field of study
- Strong software development skills
- Prior experience in privacy/data protection or a graduate degree or concentration in privacy engineering
- Have or be willing to meet the requirements for Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) from the International Association of Privacy Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled