Senior News Editor/Researcher, CBS Sports DigitalApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The News/Assignment team is responsible for news, research, rights management, and intake of content into CBS Sports HQ, CBS Sports Digital’s sports news network.
We are looking for a Senior News Editor/Research for editorial oversight (developing stories, reviewing scripts, interacting with producers), working outside our walls to bring in content (news conferences, live shots, helping to book guests) while often juggling several tasks simultaneously in addition to being the connective tissue between what appears on HQ and CBSSports.com.
- Editorial oversight for HQ
- Provide research and stats for network productions
- Review scripts for news value, accuracy and quality
- Develop top stories and serve as the conduit for news – compiling Top Stories budget in conjunction with the news team in NYC
- Manage all content coming into the plant from HLS to news conferences
- Oversight of league rights and footage restrictions
- Work with AMEs to schedule stable of CBSSports.com writing staff for HQ hits, as well as the booking team for outside guests
- Responsible for the coordination and set up for all remote/live shots
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum 3-4 years working in a newsroom environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent English grammar and organizational skills
- Experience in digital and/or video preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities with experience working across diverse platforms
- Proven ability as a researcher
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled