Senior Marketing ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are the Central Audience Development and Acquisition (CADA) team. We work closely with the teams at CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, CNET, GameSpot, and TVGuide.com to promote and amplify the very best content and products of what CBSi produces every day.
As a Senior Marketing Manager, you will help manage growth and acquisition search campaigns that focus on acquisition metrics such as conversions rates, cost per acquisition (CPA) and return on ad spend (ROAS) using. The ideal candidate understands how to derive ROAS and can prove it by demonstrating an understanding and application of online direct response marketing and optimization techniques.
In this role, you will work closely with the CADA team and business unit colleagues to manage acquisition marketing campaigns, with specific expertise on paid search channels (Google AdWords, Bing, and Gemini). This will be a fun and fast paced role so we are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented team-player to join our entrepreneurial team.
- Manage and optimize large-scale paid search (PPC) campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing, and Gemini so that they meet the target KPIs across a diverse range of initiatives (ex: revenue generation, new subscribers, new product awareness)
- Generate keyword lists, ad copy, and any other campaign assets
- Research keywords for inclusion and exclusion
- Monitor keyword position
- Adjust and optimize marketing campaigns/keywords and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions in order to hit ROAS targets
- Manage vendor partners for recommendations and business trends that can be applied to campaigns. Stay on top of new platform updates and features
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills in measuring and reporting on marketing programs and KPIs
- Collaborate with multiple departments to communicate campaign progress and updates
- Develop pro-active ideas and solutions to meet business objectives
- Attend team meetings and department calls
- Prepare presentation and other materials showing campaign updates and progress towards KPIs, and present these updates in meetings
- Provide strategy and media planning ideas based on paid search tactics
- Monitor activities of competitors and provide industry trends and learnings
- Execute special projects as needed
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- At least 3+ years of paid search marketing experience, preferably with experience in running paid acquisition campaigns across Google, Bing or Gemini
- Experience using any of the following SEM management tools such as: Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Acquisio, Kenshoo, Marin Software, Quantic Minds, DoubleClick Search, Wordstream, MOJO SEM (by Mediaplex), Webtrends
- Proficiency with 3rd party SEM tools: SEMrush, PPC Hero, Spyfu, RavenTools
- Strong understanding of marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) and how it pertains to the success of marketing activities.
- Excels in a dynamic, data-driven, metrics oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Google drive, Google documents.
You might also have –
- Agency account or client experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or Technical degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, etc
- Organized and comfortable using team collaborative software likes like Basecamp, Asana
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled