Senior Managing Editor, 247 SportsApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Brentwood, TN, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Sports Digital is a portfolio of premium digital sports media properties including CBSSports.com, 247Sports, MaxPreps and SportsLine is consistently ranked a top-three sports property, reaching more than 70M sports fans each month across desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices.
247Sports is seeking a business-minded editorial leader to oversee, manage and grow 247Sports content operations. The role will be responsible for building a profitable business through the creation, curation, and licensing of content for distribution across digital platforms. All aspects of programming, content production, editorial, and talent will report into this role. The ideal candidate will be both a prudent manager and an inspiring leader, able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. They will have a deep understanding of the digital sports media space, a strong sense of content that engages sports fans, a history of building successful businesses, and an ability to develop high performing teams.
- Develop digital content strategy and roadmaps to drive short-term and long-term audience and revenue growth
- Oversee content distribution and monetization strategies
- Manage all aspect of editorial, content production, and programming
- Develop a winning culture capable of consistently creating high quality, scalable content
- Oversee reports tracking key business goals and financial targets
- Oversee the creation of seasonal programming plans in collaboration with sales
- Establish clear content voice and style
- Execute on innovative and unique content ideas
- Partner with technical teams to build efficient video publishing tools and processes
- Work with Business Development on video content licensing and distribution deals
- Build trust with key CBS Sports television partners and digital leadership team to collaborate on content ideas
- Maintain a deep knowledge of and connection within the digital sports media industry
What you bring to the team:
- Expertise in digital sports media and video production
- Proven experience leading digital teams in managerial positions
- Experience managing content teams and editorial operations
- Experience managing P&L’s, developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled