Senior Manager, Video ProductApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Manage all aspects of the video experience across website, mobile & connected TVs from concept inception through launch.
- Collaborate with video stakeholders - Video Operations, Ad Operations, Analytics and Business Intelligence teams - to solicit feedback and involvement for roadmapping, prioritizing and planning updates to the video experience.
- Translate product vision, strategy and roadmap into product definition, epics and stories that can be communicated to engineering, QA and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Act as business owner for VOD and Live TV experiences throughout their lifecycle and work to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Manage player upgrades, rebuilds and porting of players to new platforms and emerging streaming technologies.
- Work with product and marketing managers to maximize video entry points and playback opportunities to create growth and retention strategies, including personalization, end card recommendations, and continue watching features.
- Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations analyzing video trends and identify areas of improvement.
- Be an in-house video expert; stay up to date on the latest trends in streaming players, mobile, connected devices and other emerging platforms (e.g., Chromecast).
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
- 7+ years of digital product management experience including 3+ years of video experience
- Demonstrated passion for the digital video market with solid understanding of the streaming video ecosystem and experience with streaming media players (live tv + VOD).
- Hands-on experience working with SCRUM or other agile development methodologies a major plus.
- Strong technical background or ability to comprehend and communicate any technical dependencies and requirements for product development
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented individual who is energized by big challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working with analytics solutions and video ad products.
- Experience working with video performance / measurement tools and QoS products.
- Experience working with video CMS and program guides.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled