Senior Fullstack Software EngineerApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Develop front end code and presentation libraries for high profile consumer web sites and content applications.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and engineering teams to deliver high-quality, and reusable UI components, templates, and wireframes for use across consumer web sites and back end video management / publishing systems.
- Actively participate in daily stand ups with the development team.
- Contribute to application roadmap items and participate in regular code reviews.
- Maintain application quality and work to ensure responsiveness and scalability from all applications and services.
- Contribute to continuous integration, code testing, and engineering best practices across all development projects.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Opportunity to spin up large numbers of A-list properties on a stack you help define; brands you’ve probably spent years watching on TV and in the movies!
- We are continuing to move towards headless and serverless - your input and collaboration will be felt across the organization as we lead the organization in future Web technology.
- Contribute to making our brands the first to break news and content by shaving milliseconds off render and delivery. We are the premier source of news and information in many markets and your contributions will not only keep us there, but ensure we can be number one.
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience spanning all phases of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated strengths developing presentation layers for large scale websites, adaptive web-based applications, and mobile apps.
- Deep knowledge of the Open Source content management platforms and deep familiarity with Drupal, Symfony, and OOP
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the product team
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
- Experience with online video management and delivery
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen
- Knowledge of multiple online publishing environments
- Server side scripting and basic Linux/Unix commands and utilities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, business, or related fields preferred