Senior Editor - Video Reviews, CNET en EspañolApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are: CNET en Español. We are the number one Spanish-language tech website in the United States, working closely with CNET.com (the world’s #1 tech news and reviews site) to publish the most comprehensive, timely, and engaging technology news, reviews, and advice for the US Spanish-speaking audience.
- You are a creative, tech-obsessed, and driven Spanish-language professional journalist with tons of on camera time already under your belt and years of experience in Spanish-language tech journalism. You’re also fully versed in written and spoken English.
- You are an experienced bilingual journalist who is also an independent thinker, a creative writer, with a charismatic on camera personality. You are passionate about technology and love the idea of sharing that passion with others, with a very strong social media presence and willingness to experiment in all platforms.
- You will work with a team of bilingual journalists providing an invaluable service to the US Spanish-speaking audience.
- You will write tech news and product reviews, and host videos of product reviews, how tos, and news; you will write your own scripts, stories, and reviews in impeccable, professional level Spanish, and develop new shows and features for the US Spanish-speaking audience.
- Some travel is necessary, particularly to industry events, trade shows, and product launches where you'll be required to create first look product videos and news event coverage under tight deadlines.
- Fully bilingual (Spanish-English)
- At least 3 years experience as an on air reporter/host for the web or broadcast (please submit link to reel)
- Intense (some might say unhealthy) love of technology
- Experience writing about consumer technology (please submit clips or links)
- Ability to handle deadline pressure
- Detail-oriented, critically-minded, naturally curious
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Please submit a cover letter in Spanish, link to your professional video reel, and three Spanish-language tech-related clips with your application.
You might also have:
- Please submit cover letter and have a demo reel or link available upon request
- Must have a valid work visa for the United States. Only applicants with valid work authorization for the US will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled