Senior Editor, Style - ETonlineApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We’re looking for a Senior Editor to help develop and launch a robust Style vertical on ETonline, including recurring editorial content and original video franchises covering celebrities, entertainers and fashion and beauty. This role will be responsible for managing the work of a small but growing team, including dedicated staffers and shared resources, and collaborating closely across the ET brand.
- Develop and innovate a plan for ETonline to launch and grow its coverage and audience for style, fashion and beauty.
- Assess and prioritize a daily fashion and beauty story budget, including exclusive or breaking news, short features, photo galleries, or original video packages.
- Clearly assign stories and scripts to producers and writers, both staff and freelance, and then edit for content and clarity. You must thrive in an environment that requires both speed and accuracy.
- Produce, edit, write or otherwise take on fashion and beauty-related assignments yourself when most expedient.
- Communicate and work closely with other editorial, video, social and sales leads, including producers from the ET broadcast, as you expand our style content.
- Make fast, confident choices based on both data and good news judgment about prioritizing stories and beating our competition, and conduct post-mortem assessments to continually improve and strengthen our competitive positioning.
- Maintain consistent brand tone and style in scripts, visuals and editorial copy.
- Shifts may include nights and weekends and occasionally may require extended hours for breaking news or events coverage.
- Defining and launching ET Style, a new digital vertical, and contributing to increased overall fashion and style coverage on digital platforms.
- In 2018, CBSi plans to launch an ET-branded streaming network. This role will play a key part in establishing style, fashion and beauty franchises and recurring segments for that platform.
You have –
- At least 5-10 years’ experience producing and writing compelling and entertaining content about style, fashion and beauty.
- Experience managing teams of writers, producers and other digital creatives.
- Digital newsroom experience, including using a CMS to publish articles and videos.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
You might also have –
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition.
- A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand.
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work. No screaming allowed.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled