Senior Director, Public RelationsApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
This person will be part of a bi-coastal PR team and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Communications. This role is based in San Francisco. Occasional travel required.
As the Senior Director of PR, you will lead the strategic communications initiatives and directly oversee key brands within its tech and games and media portfolio. The Senior Director will direct day-to-day and long-term plans for iconic consumer brands such as CNET, GameSpot, Chowhound and more. In addition, you will work closely with counterparts throughout the broader CBS Corporation, including the news, entertainment and corporate groups.
- Create, educate, and execute a strategic communications plan that supports the long-term brand building and business goals as well as here-and-now PR needs for CBS Interactive brands including: CNET and ZDNet, GameSpot and Chowhound.
- Partner with other leaders and company groups to make sure PR is in lockstep with and fully leverages other initiatives and programs.
- Create and lead PR opportunities for CNET’s growing stand-alone editorial products including: Smart Home, the resource for demystifying the burgeoning smart home industry; Roadshow an auto-destination site that brings a fresh tech perspective to car owners, buyers and enthusiasts; CNET Magazine, a quarterly print publication; and CNET en Español, CNET’s Spanish-language sister site.
- Lead strategy and execution for launching and supporting new content initiatives
- Manage day-to-day media relations both proactive and reactive
- Author written materials across all brands such as press releases, plans, and presentations
- Support senior leaders for their speaking and publicity needs--including content development and media/speaker prep/training
You should have experience in promoting brands, developing strategic communications plans and materials and creating and executing PR campaigns and working cross functionally. You are comfortable with proactive and reactive media relations, including broadcast experience.
- 10 + years of PR experience
- Scale across the function--able to handle daily deliverables and fire drills as well as long-term plans and opportunities
- You have collaborated with business leaders to create and execute comprehensive PR plans that have increased brand awareness and client/customer acquisition
- You are a natural leader and critical thinker, who is also creative and loves to try new ideas.
- You are a strong great writer and communicator
- Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you in solving problems and addressing roadblocks
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a fantastic work ethic and are looking for the right company to help you grow your career.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.