Senior Director Measurement OperationsApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our Data Management team is growing and we are seeking a senior measurement director with experience in guiding the tracking strategy and operation of multi-platform properties across desktop, mobile and OTT. In this role you will oversee the creation of measurement guidelines for first and third party tracking tools and lead the group responsible for the development of measurement guidelines as well as implementation specifications. This includes outlining as well as standardizing the tracking, reporting and data feed requirements for distribution partners and platforms. Your proven ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders on all levels combined with strong leadership skills allows you to manage this multi-location team.
- Manage the team that creates and maintains tracking specifications for all CBS Digital Media properties
- Guide the development as well as documentation of measurement guidelines and oversee the deployment of the Implementation Specification CMS to all business groups
- Establish and govern efficient and effective tracking and QA processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency and completeness
- Define and prioritize the measurement work-queue across and within business units and in alignment with product roadmaps and business strategies
- Partner with engineering, data, product and BI teams to develop reporting requirements and create action plans to fulfil these needs
- Collaborate with the Distribution & Operations team in defining Partner/Affiliate measurement and reporting requirements and monitor their fulfillment
- Serve on Adobe Customer Advisory Board and forge industry relationships to build measurement standards and best practices
- Ensure consistent and complete tracking of syndicated measurement services such as Nielsen and comScore
- Partner with business units in establishing implementation guidelines for new data partners/vendors by defining measurement and KPI plans
- Partner with BI, Research, HR and Data teams to develop a training framework that allows a consistent onboarding and skill upgrades for new as well as existing employees
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in a comparable leadership role preferably in a cross-platform media company
- Extensive experience in leading a measurement team handling advanced Adobe implementations in multi-platform settings
- In depth understanding of over-the-top video analytics implementations or TV everywhere/video measurement
- Strong communication and team building abilities to lead a tech of highly skilled technologists in multiple locations
- Exceptional organizational skills and project management acumen with an ability to leverage previous experience to augment the overall measurement flow and further innovations
You may also have--
- Insights into tracking frameworks for digital subscription services
- Experience in developing A/B testing frameworks
- Understanding of syndicated TV and online measurement currencies
- Knowledge of audio and IOT measurement options
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.