Senior Director, Integrated MarketingApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Integrated Marketing team leads sales and sponsorship-related projects from ideation through post-sale implementation and execution. We work with all departments across CBSi including product, edit, content strategy, consumer marketing, ad operations, sales and more. A strategic and well-balanced partnership between Integrated Marketing and Sales is vital to being able to collaboratively bring strategic ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that meet business objectives.
The Senior Director will oversee the day-to-day of the Entertainment Integrated Marketing team, providing direction and guidance while ensuring a smooth-running operation and maintaining high quality output. The Senior Director is responsible for developing our overall advertising go-to-market strategy for the digital entertainment business, focused primarily on sponsorship packages and innovative ad products. Specifically, the Senior Director will oversee ideation, packaging, development, implementation and post-execution evaluation of revenue-generating programs for CBS.com (desktop/mobile) and CBS All Access across all platforms. This role will provide the Sales/Marketing perspective and input when working closely with key leaders from other departments, such as Content Strategy, Editorial/Video, Product, Technology, Consumer Marketing, Business Development and Yield (for pricing and inventory optimization). This individual will also be responsible for supporting and cultivating new and existing advertising relationships by leading "big ideas" brainstorms and clearly conveying the value of our advertising programs to drive incremental value to our clients and revenue to the business. Additionally, the Senior Director will help to foster a “One CBS” approach, encouraging a spirit of communication and collaboration across other CBS divisions and especially within Integrated Marketing, that drives multi-platform/multi-media selling.
- Lead a team of high-performing employees to drive advertising, marketing innovation and monetization based on customer and marketplace needs.
- Participate in senior staff meetings with Sales Mgmt, CBS Entertainment GM, Product/Tech/Edit leads and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with internal groups to optimize advertising inventory to maximize campaign performance for our clients, while maximizing revenue for the business unit.
- Work closely with counterparts and other Sales teams across CBS, especially CBS Network programming and CBS network sales, to build and execute cross-platform programs, driving incremental revenue for CBS.
- Develop sales marketing materials that convey our unique advertising offerings and targeting capabilities.
- Produce insights and analytics that 1) demonstrate the effectiveness of client’s advertising programs, 2) reinforce the importance of aligning advertising to premium original content, and 3) communicate the influence and value of our target audiences against a client’s business objectives.
- Partner with Sales, Product, Business Development, Business Intelligence and Integrated Marketing counterparts to design, execute and optimize advertiser programs.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to employees in reporting chain utilizing best practices as a people manager and organizational leader.
- Formulate and implement forward-thinking, effective marketing strategies and campaigns for clients across multiple platforms and target audiences, focused on CBS tentpole events such as Grammys, Academy of Country Music Awards, Tony Awards, Fall Premiers, Season Finales and more.
- Work with CBSi’s Content Strategy team to develop the digital strategy around brand integrations and other sponsorship opportunities within new CBS All Access Original programming.
- Increase collaboration with CBS Television Network on multimedia programs.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in digital publishing/media and/or ad agency, with experience and interest in entertainment/television programming.
- Proven experience managing and motivating a high-performing team to achieve business goals.
- Deep knowledge of sales and marketing principles and methods for demonstrating, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes solution-selling marketing and sales strategy and tactics, sales techniques and sales control systems.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the entire online advertising ecosystem (video, display, search, social, mobile and programmatic).
- Thorough understanding and experience (managing and setting strategy) with common digital publishing metrics and analytics including yield, RPM, CPM pricing, audience packaging and targeting.
- Can-do attitude, ability to manage ambiguity, problem-solve, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Possesses a hands-on approach to marketing with strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, particularly with clients, internal colleagues and the industry community.
- Demonstrated executive management agility, and the ability to build strong relationships at the executive and field levels.
- Track-record of anticipating market trends and leveraging knowledge to advance the business.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled