Senior Director, Integrated Marketing - CBS News.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS News Digital is re-defining news for a new generation. Our audience wants 24/7 knowledge -- not opinion -- and we’re prepared to deliver through three unique, defining pillars: 1) Our trusted team with unmatched experience, 2) Bringing new faces and new voices into our news organization and 3) We’ve built a powerful technology ecosystem that has tied together Web, Mobile, Streaming, OTT and Social.
As CBS News Digital continues to grow and evolve, especially around our flagship product, CBSN (the first 24-hour, free, live streaming, multi-platform digital news network), we’re in search of a leader to oversee the evolution of our overall advertising go-to-market strategy while managing the day-to-day of the 4 person Integrated Marketing team, providing them with direction and guidance. Specifically, the Senior Director will oversee the ideation and development, packaging, execution, and evaluation of sponsorship/revenue-generating sales programs across all CBS News Digital touchpoints. This role will provide the Sales & Marketing perspective and input when working closely with key leaders from other departments, such as Editorial/Video, Product, Technology, Consumer Marketing, Business Development, Yield (pricing/inventory optimization) and more.
- Lead a team of integrated marketers to drive advertising and marketing innovation for the CBS News Digital brand, creating valuable advertising opportunities for our customers.
- Formulate and implement effective marketing strategies and campaigns for clients across multiple platforms and target audiences.
- Produce insights and analytics that 1) demonstrate the effectiveness of clients advertising programs, 2) confirm the importance of aligning advertising to premium original content, and 3) validate the influence and value of our target audiences against client’s business objectives
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers, direct reports, customers (internal and external), and company management
- Provide leadership and mentoring to employees within the Integrated Marketing team utilizing best practices as a people manager, a process guru and an organizational leader
- Focus on both creating new/big ideas and evolving the distribution strategy for sponsored and branded content
- Partner with internal groups to optimize advertising inventory to maximize campaign performance for our clients, while maximizing revenue for the business unit.
- Work closely with CBS Network Sales to build and execute cross-platform programs that drive incremental revenue for CBS
- Develop sales marketing materials that resonate in the marketplace and communicate our unique advertising offerings and targeting capabilities
- A minimum of 12 years experience in digital publishing/media/agency, with experience in the News industry
- Deep knowledge of sales and marketing principles and methods for demonstrating, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes solution-selling marketing and sales strategy and tactics, sales techniques and sales control systems.
- Thorough understanding and experience (managing and setting strategy) with common digital publishing metrics and analytics including yield, RPM, CPM pricing, audience packaging and targeting
- Can-do attitude, ability to manage ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses a hands-on approach to marketing with strong project management and prioritization skills
- A track record for building and managing successful organizations
- Strong communication skills, particularly with customers, industry community, press and industry analysts
- Demonstrated executive management agility, and the ability to build strong relationships at the executive levels
- Successfully anticipates market trends and leverages his/her knowledge to advance and evolve the business
- Balance data, personality and positional power when influencing others, and negotiates solutions in complex situations
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience required
- MBA Preferred
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.