Senior DevOps EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky, our small, but enthusiastic, media brand teams work within the portfolio of CBS Interactive to deliver highly engaging and innovative consumer facing products across the landscape of digital platforms including Desktop, Mobile, and Connected Devices. Our diverse blend includes TVGuide, Download, Chowhound, Metacritic, TV.com, Metrolyrics and Last.fm.
CBS Interactive seeks a Senior DevOps Engineer for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will support infrastructure and platforms that serve our customers. We have diverse infrastructure that spans Windows and Linux servers in the datacenter with an eye toward the cloud. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned DevOps Engineer to manage a wide range of existing technology with an opportunity to modernize it into the cloud. You thrive on monitoring, performance and uptime. You thrive on systems well run and thrive on creating systems that are reliable, documented and monitored across multiple metrics. You love CI/CD and think releases should happen multiple times a day. You have experience with being on-call and thrive on ownership and systems
- Lead the design, implementation of our public Cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, sizing, and Infrastructure as code
- Implement monitoring platforms across infrastructure, applications and networks
- Manage Linux clusters and containers using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Design and manage CI/CD platforms on tools like Jenkins that allow for multiple releases/day and developer visibility
- Support our development teams across multiple properties in an AGILE environment
- On-call rotation for 24/7 support
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems
- 3+ years leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS/GCP using tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- 3+ years experience setting up/managing monitoring systems such as nagios
- 3+ years managing CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- 3+ years experience programming in a programming language such as php, perl, python
- 1+ years experience containerizing applications using Docker/Kubernetes/ECS
- On call experience
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions
You might also have:
- Leadership experience as a team lead
- Past experience migrating systems from on premises virtualization to the public cloud on AWS/GCP
- Systems experience in re-architecting legacy systems and stacks
CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CBS Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.