Senior CMS DeveloperApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Responsible for gathering, architecting solutions, data modeling, and implementation
- Design, build, and support a high performance, scalable, and innovative CMS powering our cross-platform streaming service
- Develop back-end APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development life-cycle
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- 4+ years of full stack web development experience
- Skilled in PHP, MySQL, Linux, Shell scripting
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Can independently design, code, and test technical solutions
- Keen knowledge of open source software and web development standard methodologies
- Knowledge of modern CMS systems and trends
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with source control systems; git preferred
- Experience with Drupal 7 or 8, NoSQL, Redis and Lucene/SOLR preferred
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.