Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Product AnalyticsApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Building, managing and automating standard reports and dashboards showing the health of key business metrics for CBS Entertainment Digital platform and product teams.
- Developing ad-hoc analyses, distilling complex analytical results down to concise summary and presenting actionable insights to non-technical audiences.
- Designing and performing detailed analyses to help deepen understanding of customer activity and product/feature performance across all digital platforms including web, mobile, connected devices, as well as video subscription services.
- Applying sophisticated computational and statistical techniques in support of decision-making; techniques include A/B testing, predictive analysis, data mining, segmentation to name a few.
- Assisting in data requirements gathering and data validations.
- Efficiently managing their own project queue and developing streamlined workflows
- Own, build, and maintain metrics, reports, analyses, and experiments to drive key business decisions for CBS Entertainment digital product and platform teams.
- Collaborate closely with product, marketing, and finance leads to assess the monetization and risk potential of existing and new features, products, and services.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate ongoing product performance and provide meaningful insights to product developers and managers to help enhance product quality and user experiences
- Analyze historical and forward-looking customer behavior data and product feature performances to communicate KPIs and risks to stakeholders on all levels.
- Design and analyze experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) to drive KPI improvement
- Create a well maintained, documented and transparent reporting infrastructure that keeps all business partners updated.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably for an online entertainment media property or e-commerce platform
- Proficient with SQL coding (from BigQuery, Impala/Hadoop, Teradata or similar environments) and analytical tools (Tableau, R, Python)
- Expert knowledge with web analytics (Adobe, Google Analytics)
- Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills for complex communications as well as strong problem solving skills and financial aptitude.
- Exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and able to quickly form partnerships with colleagues and customers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled