Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - GameSpotApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Business Intelligence team at CBS Interactive works in partnership with business stakeholders, providing actionable insight and recommendations about site and product performance in order to drive user growth, engagement and revenue opportunities. This position will focus primarily on CBS Interactive’s Tech and Gaming properties, including CNET, ZDNet, Techrepublic and GameSpot among others.
We are in search of a Business Intelligence Analyst who can partner with stakeholders focusing on key areas to maximize the chances of user growth, quality engagement and profitability. The analyst needs to be comfortable gathering requirements, working in large datasets, querying against multiple databases and/or off-the-shelf analytics packages to arrive at insightful recommendations in addition to presenting and defending his/her recommendations at various levels within the organization.
The analyst also partners closely with product management to ensure reporting needs are met. The analyst should be proactive in identifying opportunities for analysis and optimization. The business intelligence analyst will be required to provide analyses and recommendations regarding programming, site performance, financial performance, and advertising effectiveness. This position reports to the Senior Director of Analytics and Operations in the Business Intelligence Group.
- Manage reporting requests from start to finish
- Investigate site issues, explain traffic patterns, understand and articulate user behavior
- Clearly present findings and recommendations to decision makers at various levels
- Proactively work on initiatives to drive the business forward
- Create, maintain, and improve process workflows
- Implement and oversee Editorial Content Tiers dashboard to gauge performance of editorial efforts.
- Execute Product A/B tests to enhance audience engagement and optimize revenue.
- Design cohort and cluster analysis studies to explore and identify key performance indicators that drive user retention.
You have –
- 3+ years in an analytical function, preferably in a media or advertising analytics role
- BA/BS in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Marketing, and/or Business
- Strong ability to derive insights from data.
- Experience with database tools and direct SQL access
- Experience with Tableau or other similar platforms
- Experience with Adobe Site Catalyst/Omniture
- Thorough understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- High level of comfort using Excel, Powerpoint
- High degree of initiative and ability to learn and very enthusiastic about data
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and present data and information
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
You might also have –
- Preferred advanced degrees: MBA, MIMS, CIS, MIS, Statistics or another quantitative field.
- Experience working in the tech or media industry preferred
- Experience in editorial, SEO and social analytics a plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.