Senior Android EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Responsible for development and contributing to significant parts of codebase for a high profile, high customer volume app
- Member of a team of 3 Android Engineers charged with improving the technical foundation, user experience and featureset of the CBS Sports Android App
- Redesign the CBS Sports Android App
- Re-write & modernization of CBS Sports Android App
- Personalization of news and alerts
- Premium video integrations
- Fast, live scores and stats
- At least 4 years experience writing high profile Android apps
- Extremely thorough knowledge of the Android programming environment.
- Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues; utilization of sound engineering principles in writing code.
- Ability to integrate third party APIs and tools such as Video players, Subscription services etc.
- Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the development team.
- Superior knowledge of the Agile approach to working
- Ability to provide cost estimates for the design and develop phase in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Built high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- A passion for sports
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.