Senior Agile Project ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Brands you will work on include CBS.com and CBS All Access, which includes HD movies, CBS shows, classic TV episodes, and original programming.
We are looking for a senior agile scrum master with agile SAFe Release Train Engineer experience, for several CBS Interactive’s software development teams. You are a solution provider, change-agent, expert of jugglers, and keeper of the agile process for your teams. With a passion for process, you keep your eyes on the delivery goal, and coaching your teams to do the same, leading several distributed ART’s (agile release train’s) and project teams from start to finish. This role looks for someone who loves the Scrum Master role, who has strong experience as an Agile SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE), but also is adept at traditional project management, working on cross-team initiatives for a common goal. You know what it takes to manage large and complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders and a diverse team of collaborators. Your communication skills give new meaning to the word “transparency” and you’re not afraid to crack the whip when deliverables start to slip. Above all, you deliver your projects on time, on budget, and on target. Please be sure to try CBS All Access at www.cbs.com or via any platform before applying.
- Agile project management of multiple web and mobile software development cross-functional teams comprising of onsite and offsite engineers, QA, a product manager, an engineering manager and design resource.
- Manage the PI Planning of several ARTs (agile release trains) for our division.
- Work with Product, Design, Engineering and various stakeholders to prioritize and coordinate development efforts to deliver on schedule, ensuring team collaboration, proper planning, execution and delivery are timely for the overall success of the projects.
- Coach, facilitate and maintain consistent and beneficial Agile values and process methodologies for the teams, driving process and transparency, by conducting grooming, sprint planning, daily scrum standups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives on an iterative schedule. Coach the team to self-organize, work cross-functionally and offer techniques and tools.
- Run several Scrum of scrums for our mobile, OTT and web teams
- Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all team’s status - progress, risks, capacity issues, roadblocks and other key performance indicators as required, the good, bad and the ugly through the various artifacts of scrum (i.e. backlogs to burn down charts), status reports and just common-sense communication efforts.
- Prepare and manage project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs and act as liaison between cross-functional teams (design, engineering, editorial, sales and marketing) to drive end-to-end development of products.
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues and remove impediments for the team.
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, championing a positive culture, both for your team and the wider business unit, and through working with other PMs within the PMO to help foster agile scrum and productivity methodologies throughout the organization.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Agile SAFe certification and experience as an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) in at least one (1) previous company.
- 7+ years of scrum master experience, leading multiple scrum teams and large, complex deliveries.
- Program management experience tracking complex direct-to-consumer projects from start to finish.
- Ability to coach AND provide transformation guidance.
- Scrum Master certification with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
- Experience working in Web and Mobile Applications development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, IOS, ANDROID
- A bag of project planning tools, tricks and processes for roadmapping, planning, gantt, yet all the while fostering iterative processes and feedback milestones in the SDLC.
- Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, google suite, Slack, and ability to whip up a presentation or project plan when needed.
- A proactive, efficient, and resourceful approach and ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and status sharing skills, and excellent listening skills
- Willing to travel between Los Angeles and San Francisco CA on a regular basis (every month).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
You might also have –
- PMP Project Management credentials, or accelerated agile training (such as SAFe or XP) in addition to being a Certified ScrumMaster a plus.
- Expert Admin JIRA user and/or Jira Portfolio management.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video streaming and/or knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online)
- Knowledge of responsive design experience on Mobile, Desktop and Large TV screens.
- Basic proficiency with standard development software (do not need to be able to code, but a general understanding of what each can do, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled