CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Follow daily news flow, identifying key stories.
- Write breaking news and assign stories to a team of reporters from across CNET.
- Cultivate sources and “break” key product news.
- Cultivate a team of reporters to help build out our breaking news initiatives.
- Support coverage during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Mobile World Congress (MWC) and various corporate events throughout the year.
- CNET reporters and editors seek out and participate in interviews with high-profile people, such as people who appear in CNET Magazine.
- Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in journalism, English or writing OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of related technology journalism experience, with broad understanding of popular technologies, products and tech trends.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise solid news judgment.
- Write clean copy fast.
- Work well under pressure.
- Craft compelling and concise headlines.
- Have a basic understanding of SEO.
- Experience working with/leading a cross-disciplinary team of writers.
- An eagerness to explain technology to a broad audience.
- Good understanding of AP style.
- Experience covering a competitive beat.
- Experience at a top-tier news organization.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate sources and "break" news.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled