CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Host 3-5 pre-recorded videos each week day; including but not limited to interviews with high-profile tech industry executives, experts, and company representatives, and interviews with TechRepublic/ZDNet staff reporters/editors in support of breaking news and features
- Conduct pre-recorded video standups and voiceovers for breaking news and features
- Write interview questions and scripts for standups/voiceovers
- Write video headlines and descriptions
- Work with TechRepublic editorial staff to develop story ideas, select interview guests
- Collaborate with TechRepublic's video production staff to create compelling videos
- Publish edited videos using TechRepublic's CMS
- All TechRepublic staff writers and reporters are expected to produce bylined content. Cultivating reliable sources and strong connections within the industry is critical to successfully doing so.
- Covering industry events is a central part of TechRepublic's editorial mission. TechRepublic editorial team members often travel to these events or cover them remotely.
- In addition to short-form interviews, standups, and voiceovers, TechRepublic produces longer, videos to support our longform cover stories and special features. Editorial staff are encourage to pitch ideas for and work with our video production team to create these mini-documentary style videos.
- 3+ years online multimedia/television reporting experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, and/or broadcasting
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably, confidently, and conversationally communicate with interviewees and viewers
- Strong writing skills and understanding of multimedia reporting techniques
- Experience reporting on technology, business, startups, or innovation
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and deal with daily deadlines
- Must be adaptable; since the media and tech industries are two of the fastest changing industries on the planet, priorities change rapidly and regularly
- Must be trustworthy, committed, considerate, and a good listener; high emotional IQ
- Experience reporting for a B2B audience
- Experience shooting stories in the field with camera and tripod
- Experience editing digital photos, video, and audio
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled