Reporter, CNET en EspañolApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CNET en Español, launched in 2013, is CNET’s Spanish-language version and is focused on giving tech advice to US Hispanics via tutorials and reviews. CNET en Español also covers the tech industry directly from Silicon Valley, along with the most important pop culture events.
- Cover several beats related to the tech industry directly from the heart of Silicon Valley, where CNET en Español is based
- Write Spanish-language content for all our platforms and social media accounts
- Cover breaking news, tech conferences and industry events
- Interview key industry players
- Pitch and develop long-term editorial projects
- Brainstorm ideas with other members of the team
- Work closely with editors to polish your stories
- Nurture a relationship with sources in the industry
- Write about different aspects of the tech industry on a daily basis, from breaking news to enterprise stories to tutorials
- Develop sources for multiple tech-related beats.
- Work on short- and long-term projects.
- Publish exclusive interviews and stories.
- Build a relationship with CNET en Español’s readership to understand their needs and preference
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism
- Minimum 2-3 years working in tech journalism
- Minimum 3-5 years working in Spanish-language media
- Impeccable written Spanish at a professional level
- Fully bilingual
- A deep knowledge of tech news
- Strong communications skills, work ethic and collaborative ethos
- Independent, creative and a self-starter
- Must provide a portfolio with best, current work
- Must pass a comprehensive Spanish-language test
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled