Reporter - CBS News.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS News Digital is seeking a Reporter to join the Washington D.C. team. The Reporter will do original reporting, with an emphasis on breaking news, and will also write, and edit assigned political stories and other general assignment news content, including live-blogging for the site. This candidate should also pitch feature ideas for written and video stories on politics, with both voice and a broader perspective.
Candidate would also be available for live reporter hits on CBSN and other CBS News platforms on political stories and on stories the reporter breaks.
- Candidate will do original reporting, with an emphasis on breaking news.
- Write and produce breaking political and general assignment stories and live blogs for site, with some enterprise stories that would also be pitched or assigned.
- Pitch and produce all aspects of original stories.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Conduct interviews on and off camera.
- Strong social media presence and work within social media to drive engagement.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 5 years experience in political news reporting and production, strong writing
- Must demonstrate knowledge of national politics and major governmental agencies, and have the ability to come up with smart, thoughtful, provocative story ideas in these areas.
- Must be comfortable on camera
- Needs to be able to work under extreme deadline pressure in a fast paced environment
- Needs to be able to adapt to breaking news situations
- Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
You might also have –
- Web experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Avid strongly preferred
- Knowledge of After Effects would be a plus
- Knowing how to shoot video would be a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled