Quality Assurance EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group leading the future of media and technology. Our brands include the top technology sites CNET, TechRepublic and ZDNet. Join our San Francisco development team to iterate on some of the largest technology apps in the World. You’ll be working alongside a team of engineers and product managers.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the product answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with engineering and product to help deliver an amazing experience to technology enthusiasts using the best technologies available.
- Review requirements or specification documents and provide feedback with a quality assurance perspective
- Create test cases and test plans from requirements or specifications or based on prototypes
- Perform regression tests, white box, black box testing of new backend or frontend functionality
- Maintain and extend automated QA solutions to provide more coverage and help scale our organization
- Create clearly written bugs including screen shots, video’s, live site replication, cross platform, browser, device information to enable quick duplication and resolution to issues
- Prioritize QA requests and manage your work queue taking into consideration our quarterly goals
- Verify fixes as they become available and work with engineers to facilitate appropriate resolution to issues
- Increase site stability across all frontend brands and backend systems through thorough and comprehensive quality assurance
- Apply experience with automation techniques to appropriate projects allowing us to cover more with less effort
- Support the high priority projects ensuring those projects release in a high-quality state for our end users
You have –
- 3+ years experience testing Android and/or iOS applications.
- Experience Testing APIs, backend and frontend application layers.
- Ability to understand technical specifications, designs and code.
- Experience working with internationalized products, and internationalization frameworks.
- Experience with Selenium, Capybara, Webdriver, Appium, or other UI testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Passion for testing and quality.
- Ability to innovate and simplify.
- Relentlessly high standards.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.