Quality Assurance Engineer, 247 Sports App
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Are you quick to spot the critical bugs? Do you excel at finding what’s wrong with software? Does creating the quality software and easy-to-use user experiences excite you?
CBS Sports Digital is looking for Quality Assurance engineers like you. Join our Kansas City development team to iterate on one of the largest sports apps in the US. You’ll be working alongside a small team of engineers and product managers based in Kansas City, MO, and Sydney, Australia.
In this role, you will need to put yourself in the end user's shoes and make sure the app answers all their unique actions, needs and points of interaction with the product. You will work closely with engineering and product to help deliver an amazing experience to sports fans.
Your Day to Day:
- Perform regression tests
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Drive end-to-end software quality.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Launch a new 247 Sports App, a team-focused sports app
What you bring to the team:
- 3+ years experience testing Android and/or iOS applications.
- Experience Testing APIs
- Ability to customize and extend automated QA solutions.
- Ability to understand technical specifications, designs, and code.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Passion for testing and standards for quality
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled