CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Develop, implement and maintain a product testing strategy for video streaming applications developed for web, iOS, Android and Connected TV devices (such as Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV and Chromecast).
- Identify bugs, document steps to reproduce, collaborate with developers to resolve and verify bug fixes and help prioritize issues based on user impact.
- Use tools such as developer consoles, Charles, Wireshark, Postman, or Graphql to obtain as many details as possible while testing.
- Review annotated wireframes and acceptance criteria, provide feedback, and translate them into test plans with as much detail as appropriate.
- Use your initiative and judgment to find unexpected problems and work with product and development to get them fixed.
- Efficiently communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner with the QA, development and product teams. Periodically work with other teams such as video operations, design, and editorial.
- Participate in daily standups and the sprint planning process.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Integrations with new technologies that improve video streaming, user experience and business insights.
- Major updates across all platforms to support Smithsonian Channel initiatives, as well as those of the larger ViacomCBS universe.
- 2+ years of experience conducting QA for digital products on multiple platforms
- Strong communication skills, attention to details and organized
- Desire to improve the user experience
- Hungry to learn new skills and eager to come up with creative solutions for scenarios that might be challenging to test
- Ability to work on complex projects that cover a wide range of technology with varying timelines
- Experience with video applications, OTT, in-app purchase, analytics, or MVPD authentication
- Interest in and/or experience with automated testing approaches and tools
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical experience