Push & Platforms EditorApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Push & Platforms Editor is responsible for sending push alerts and breaking news emails while also curating CBS News’ video offerings across web and OTT platforms. The Push and Platforms Editor thinks audience-first, using a mix of news judgment and analytics to make decisions about notifications, in-app messages and platform programming.
You will be assigned one of the following shifts: Monday-Friday from 6a-2p or Monday-Friday from 2-10p. You will also be expected to work some holidays and to shift your schedule as needed.
- Send app, Apple News and OTT alerts to segments of the audience based on user behavior and location
- Send breaking emails, oversee breaking email strategy and track performance
- Oversee CBS News and CBSN platform programming across web & OTT video modules
- Update supernav for search visibility
- Help pitch content to distribution partners
- Work with our partners at CBS All Access to understand how we can push live news to CBS All Access subscribers
- Constantly review performance of our notifications and share findings with the editorial teams to aid in content strategy decisions
- Help identify and test new technologies for reaching our mobile and OTT audiences
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- You have 2+ years of experience in a digital breaking news environment and proven ability to react quickly as news develops
- You're deeply familiar with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, Chartbeat and Parse.ly
- You know how to craft a compelling headline or alert, and you have prior experience A/B testing content to increase audience engagement
- You are a collaborative team player who loves to work across many teams
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled