Public Relations ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Interactive has an exciting opportunity for a PR Manager in the New York office. This position will help drive the publicity efforts for the CBS Digital Media group’s initiatives, including CBS All Access, the CBS Television Network’s subscription video on demand and live-streaming service, and its original series, including STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT and the highly anticipated upcoming series, STRANGE ANGEL, $1, TELL ME A STORY and THE TWILIGHT ZONE, as well as other digital content initiatives, such as the upcoming digital streaming network property for Entertainment Tonight, and other original programming.
Under direction of the Senior Director of Corporate Communications, the PR Manager will craft story angles and proactive pitches targeted to national and regional trade and consumer media, develop media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, coordinate media requests and support speaking engagements and events. This position will also support day-to-day PR efforts for CBS All Access’s original series including coordinating interviews, booking talent travel and managing other logistical elements involved in the support of a PR campaign for a television series.
In addition, the PR manager will work closely with counterparts throughout the broader CBS Corporation, including its entertainment and corporate communications functions, to develop and implement strategies and ensure adherence to corporate standards.
- Pitch programming and related stories to trade & consumer press, follow up on media requests, and develop close working relationships with members of the media.
- Assist in the organization of press events, including speaking engagements/panels, press briefings, media tours, set visits, and screenings, as applicable.
- Assist in the development of creating talking points, press releases, press lists and other materials as needed.
- Manage online press site.
- Work closely with photo editor to manage creative assets for press purposes.
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as marketing, social, international, studio and programming to ensure cohesive messaging and maximum exposure for CBS Digital Media’s programs.
- Manage award submissions, including coordinating entries, drafting copy and gather supporting materials.
- Develop innovative and ''out of the box'' ideas to support CBS Digital Media’s initiatives.
This role would help support CBS All Access’ original series including season two of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and the highly anticipated new TWILIGHT ZONE. In addition this role will work on the upcoming digital streaming network property for Entertainment Tonight, and support the international expansion of CBS All Access.
What you bring to the team:
- At least three-four years of hands-on media relations experience in the entertainment and/or digital media industry is essential, preferably with previous publicity experience working on television program or films.
- Solid knowledge of and passion for the digital media and entertainment industries.
- Demonstrated ability to create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives.
- Flexibility to work closely with various business units across the Company..
- Strong media relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new story angles.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a strategic thinker who is a dedicated and responsive team player with the ability to think creatively and generate new ideas.
- Strong writing skills, computer proficiency and social-media savvy required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
You might also have:
- Occasional travel
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled