CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky, our small, but enthusiastic, media brand teams work within the portfolio of CBS Interactive to deliver highly engaging and innovative consumer facing products across the landscape of digital platforms including Desktop, Mobile, and Connected Devices. Our diverse blend includes TVGuide, Download, Chowhound, Metacritic, TV.com, Metrolyrics and Last.fm.
- As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating AGILE product delivery teams in support of media brand sites, mobile apps, connected devices, responsive publishing platforms and third-party syndication/integration efforts. In this role, you will be managing several concurrent deliverables using AGILE methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- At a division-level/enterprise-level, leading and managing large, complex projects consisting of multiple AGILE teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the AGILE teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid AGILE approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for AGILE Project Management
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both AGILE and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using AGILE methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/AGILE methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software engineering projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools (JIRA/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
You might also have:
- Experience leading business and technology in vetting technical options. The drive and determination to personally see things through to completion
- Ability to create trust, and to motivate
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CBS Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.