Programmatic Revenue Optimization AnalystApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Monitor and analyze advertising revenue data from core business lines across the digital portfolio
- Identify performance trends in key revenue KPIs to proactively generate actionable insights and recommendations from those metrics
- Work with the programmatic partnerships team to maximize yield (eCPM) and optimize revenue performance from 3rd party demand partners
- Develop new reporting tools/processes and build on the existing reporting infrastructure to present revenue data in unique ways and identify opportunities for growth
- Inform the forecasting process by verifying key revenue assumptions and projecting the impact of proposed and/or newly-implemented ad initiatives
- Collaborate with the Product, Yield, Direct Sales, Programmatic Partnerships and Ad Tech teams to shape the overall revenue strategy via data-driven insights
- Help troubleshoot revenue-related issues by marrying natural curiosity with a keen understanding of how revenue is generated
- 1+ years of experience (or equivalent) in Revenue Operations, Pricing Analytics, Digital Sales, Programmatic Monetization or Yield Management in the digital monetization space.
- A holistic understanding of the digital advertising landscape, including sponsorship sales, programmatic monetization, ad serving technology, and buy/supply-side platforms
- Strong data analytics experience, with the ability to use revenue data to tell a story and generate actionable insights for the sales/partnerships teams
- Advanced Microsoft Excel data skills (Pivot tables etc), Proficient with SQL, Proficient with data visualization/reporting tools such as Tableau.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present ideas and influence decision making
- Demonstrated aptitude for identifying optimization opportunities and growing revenue
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics or a related discipline is preferred
- VBA experience preferred
- Familiarity with Python notable Pandas preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.