Product Manager/Senior Product ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
In this role, you will work directly with writers, editors, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to identify product improvements and drive new features to completion. A successful Senior Product Manager has big picture vision with a drive to make that vision a reality, as well as the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with the many teams with whom we work. A moderate amount of travel is involved in this role, as we have important partners in New York, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, the bulk of our engineering team in Louisville, KY, and our main office in San Francisco. This role will report to the team’s Sr. Director.
- Obtain mastery of the entire publishing platform through a mix of training and specific projects.
- Serve as the bridge between non-technical and engineering sides of business, developing and conveying an understanding of the direction of our platform.
- Identify, document, and communicate product requirements with team members to facilitate product development.
- Contribute at a strategic level to the development of our roadmap.
- Test new features and guide iterations until each improvement to the CMS meets, and ideally exceeds expectations.
- Integrate a suite of new tools and design updates into each area of the CMS, dramatically improving our users’ experiences.
- Work with our engineering Project Management team to identify ways to make our processes more efficient and predictable.
- Partner with product and editorial teams in specific brands to identify what CMS improvements will have the highest positive impact to their workflows, and implement those changes.
- Brainstorm and experiment with new ideas to help empower editors to create the best premium content in the industry.
- Re-imagining and rebuilding our asset presentation and distribution workflow.
- Integrate ML/AI into the CMS in order to enhance editor efficiency and content performance.
What you bring to the team:
You have --
- 4 - 6 years Product Management experience
- Ability to gather requirements from a diverse set of non-technical users, and identify the best possible solution
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Highly developed communication skills, especially the ability to hold your own in a room full of strong personalities and differing opinions
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills
- Self-directed work style, with ability to manage competing priorities
- The ability to work with stakeholders of all levels, including senior executives
- Experience with and thorough understanding of Agile development
- Experience using Jira, ideally including advanced workflow features such as structure boards, agile/kanban boards, etc.
You might also have --
- A background in journalism
- Experience working on a web application
- Experience blogging or writing online
- The ability to tinker with HTML and CSS
- Design, UI, or UX training
- Technical customer support or QA experience
- Familiarity with Omniture or Google Analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled