CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Work on video-centric app and site designs, for major CBS News brands, from concept to interaction-flows and wireframes, to final design specs
- Meet with the Product Team regularly to whiteboard ideas, iterate rapidly, and hammer out UI/X requirements
- Provide meticulously organized design files and specs, as well as interactive prototypes to developers
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with the product goals.
- QA/UAT development builds from a design perspective and log change requests and feedback
- Incorporate the CBS News visual brand sensibilities in all designs, consistently and efficiently
- Quickly adapt to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- Keep up with the latest Android, iOS and OTT releases, design trends and innovations
- Design for the CBS News mobile apps
- Design for the CBS News OTT apps
- Continuing responsive design work for cbsnews.com, as well as show sites for 60 Minutes, The CBS Evening News, and others
- Design and UI work on our video player products, to optimize usability and increase engagement around live video
- Develop and maintain style guides
- 5+ years of Product Design experience, ideally content-rich products, for a high-traffic media company
- The ability to demonstrate project work through all stages of design and development
- Strong experience designing for iOS, Android and OTT apps
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography and usability
- Proficiency in wireframing and prototyping (Sketch and InVision are our tools of choice)
- A solid portfolio showcasing exceptional UX and UI work across multiple platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and a fine eye for detail.
- A mastery of Sketch
- Awareness of the trends and technology in the mobile space
- Experience leading or managing designers
- Experience with data visualization
- BA in design from a leading institution
- A keen editorial sensibility, and engaged awareness of the news
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled