CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multi-platform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
CBS Sports is seeking a talented Product Designer that is local to NYC, SF, TN or Fort Lauderdale, FL. Someone who is excited about designing cross-platform experiences with immense visibility for millions of passionate sports fans. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of our fantasy products and other sports initiatives. You will be responsible for driving design across the following areas of business:
SportsLine, a division of CBS Sports Digital, provides premium content and tools for fantasy and DFS. Sportsline features include in-depth analysis, expert picks, DFS player pools, the industry’s top models, player rankings and odds across major pro/college sports.
CBS Sports Fantasy and Picks games are played by millions of users year-round on CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports and Fantasy apps. Its award-winning games range from traditional stalwarts like March Madness Brackets and Fantasy Football to a range of recent new releases spread across the sports calendar.
Is this you?
You are passionate about making delightful, innovative work and committed to growing the talents of more junior team members. You relish the challenge of a white piece of paper, driving novel concepts and developing a strong creative vision. You love design systems, work daily to stay current with the industry (nobody can ever get to the end of their design reading and podcast lists!) and love continually poking/pushing visual design forward year after year. You know strong relationships are core to launching world-class products. Furthermore, you are endlessly motivated by seeing your work make it into the user’s hands and follow your designs every step of the way.
CBS Sports has a nimble creative design team distributed across NYC, Kansas City, Cameron Park, Nashville, and Fort Lauderdale. We span multiple brands under the CBS Sports umbrella including Max Preps, 24/7 Sports, Sportsline, Sports HQ & Fantasy. We believe in strong design systems and continually iterate our collective design DNA. User research is at the center of everything we push and work tirelessly to continually improve our understanding of our users.
Sport is entertaining, passionate, fun and exciting. We try to emulate the same experience in our office culture. We believe designers have a core seat at the table and carve out time each week for innovation/self-led design projects.
Couple of exciting things we’re working on:
- Roku, FireTV and connected TV Apps for our new digital streaming experience.
- CBS Sports iOS and Android Apps.
- Data-rich sports game tracker and scoreboard experiences.
- Personalized sports video tools.
- Design partnerships with Apple, Google, Roku and Amazon on large scale projects. Shh!
- Fantasy games at scale!
The team doesn’t stop there! We are part of the larger CBS Interactive family that extends across CBS News, Entertainment, CNET and Gamespot teams, plus many more exciting brands. We meet regularly, exchange ideas, discuss industry-wide challenges and take part in company-wide hack-days/design-days. This extended family allows for endless growth opportunities both within the company and the wider design community. We want all CBS designers to be industry leaders and will support speaking opportunities, workshops and company organized meetups.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Whether that’s team social events within the sports group (company sporting events, after work meetups) or the wider CBS family with monthly company events (the last one was a pride celebration), free bagels in the office on Friday, popcorn Wednesdays, movie screenings (psst: advanced screening for Avengers: Endgame!) and cold coffee on tap all summer long! Furthermore, we offer fantastic benefits from weeklong winter breaks, to paid-time off, summer Fridays, tuition assistance, wellness programs, and even perks for your lovely pets.
- Collaborate and iterate with product and engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and user needs.
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions, from sketches, wireframes, and user flows to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, depending on the level of detail needed to present and communicate proposed solutions and interaction flows that will resonate with our target audience.
- Maintain and evolve a scalable design system.
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with the product goals.
- Provide specs, Zeplin assets, interactive prototypes and design requirements to developers.
- Keep up with the latest Android and iOS releases, design trends and web innovations to design beautiful user experiences.
- Own Visual design and User experience for a range of projects across CBS Sports Fantasy, Sportsline and other sports initiatives on Web and Mobile Apps.
- Redesign and Rebrand Sportsline for a modern Sports audience.
- Continually iterate and improve our season-long fantasy experiences.
- Design and Develop new picks games.
- Maintain and Evolve a scalable design system