Product Designer, CNETApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Use design and prototyping tools to create high-fidelity mockups that demonstrate interaction flows across desktop and mobile web that will resonate with our target audience.
- Taking part in weekly stand-ups with partners in product and engineering and also collaborate in sprint kick-offs and retrospectives.
- Participate in discussions with design, product and engineering partners to explore new solutions to convey ideas in conceptual form.
- Regularly connect with Design Director to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies.
- Be expected to present concepts to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process along the way laying out clearly why you made the decisions you did and how they address product goals.
- Provide specs and requirements when needed and develop interactive prototypes.
- Research latest design techniques, trends and innovations in mobile and desktop visual design. Explore new experiences in the market for each brand.
- Have a solid portfolio showcasing your complete design thinking process from first sketches to final execution. You should be able to demonstrate experience of user-centric problem solving leading to positive results.
- Be a collaborative team player that can work with a distributed team using tools like Slack, Asana, Jira, Google Hangouts, Zoom.
- Thrive working on multiple projects while demonstrating the creative agility to work both conceptually and pragmatically to balance business objectives with user-focused solutions.
- Have an understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines and experienced in designing for content-heavy layouts.
- Be experienced in UX prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle or similar products.
- Be comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders.
- Have knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Have user testing and data analysis skills.
- Have experience working with a premium publisher.
- Have experience working in an Agile environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled