Product Designer, CBS All AccessApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Entertainment is truly cross-platform - we value design and brand consistency across devices. As an organization, we place a premium on design and usability. Creating beautifully premium and intuitive apps and sites is a significant focus of our roadmap.
We are seeking a Product Designer to help us develop interactive design solutions and consistent user interfaces across platforms. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers have the opportunity to work on the streaming service CBS All Access across CBS.com, CBS mobile apps and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku etc).
You are curious, smart, biased towards action and deeply focused on the “outcomes” of your work. You know that great design is a focus on the problem and not the solution. You are a designer whose work displays both a pixel-level attention to detail, as well as an acute understanding of broader usability paradigms. Someone who is able to transform complex concepts into simple, approachable experiences that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. A team player that lives and breathes the interactive space.
- Create pixel precise designs that are on brand and are created based on product requirements and partner input/feedback.
- Research the competitive landscape, create user flows and work towards product designs that take into consideration evolving functionality, technological innovation and their effects on the product or company revenue.
- Participate in ongoing discussion with product, engineering and other team partners to develop new solutions to complex discovery / consumption problems that convey ideas into tangible form
- Be an advocate for visual, functional and interaction flow consistency with an awareness of when to apply our standards vs moments to add to or evolve those guidelines.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. With a network of new and well-designed modern office spaces, we feature quiet focus areas, creative collaboration spaces, connected conference rooms and fun break rooms. We also take pride in celebrating local community initiatives and monthly cross-company events (the last one was a pride celebration), free movie screenings (psst: advanced screening for Avengers: Endgame!), fresh bagels every week, popcorn and cold-brew coffee on tap all summer long! Furthermore, we offer fantastic benefits from weeklong winter breaks, to paid-time off, summer Fridays, tuition assistance, wellness programs, and even perks for your four-legged friends.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 3+ years of product design experience
- A strong sense of UX and visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces.
- Experience quickly adapting to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- The ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Experience partnering with peer designers and product / project orgs to deliver cutting edge design solutions across the entire product lifecycle and have lived through multiple launches
- Ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple UX/UI concepts.
- An amazing portfolio that illustrates a deep understanding of functional UI/UX paired with modern sense of visual design currency. Any applicant without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- A passion for innovation with an attitude that good enough is NEVER good enough
- The right candidate should have agile scrum experience where they have been a member of a scrum delivery team in a product development environment, working closely and have strong communication skills with Product Owner, QA engineers and developers.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled