Product Design ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Entertainment is truly cross-platform - we value design and brand consistency across devices. As an organization, we place a premium on design and usability. Creating beautifully premium and intuitive apps and sites is a significant focus of our roadmap.
We are seeking a Product Design Manager with a proven track record, who can help us execute on our vision. Someone who can participate with other design and product leaders to drive a design vision, strategy, and executional standards across the entire CBS All Access customer experience. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers have the opportunity to work on the streaming service CBS All Access across CBS.com, CBS mobile apps and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku etc).
You are curious, smart, biased towards action and deeply focused on the “outcomes” of your work. You lead by example and know that great design is a focus on the problem and not the solution. You mentor work that displays both a pixel-level attention to detail, as well as an acute understanding of broader usability paradigms. Someone who is able to transform complex concepts into simple, approachable experiences that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. A team player that lives and breathes the interactive space.
- Lead, mentor, and hire a team of 5 talented product designers to continually improve the experience of using our products
- Improve and formalize the design language used across all of our platforms
- Own end-to-end user experience and user interface design across the full user journey, including onboarding, wireframes, prototypes to polished UI designs with motion
- Juggle a dynamic list of priorities that will help us execute on our product vision
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and research to ensure design consistency and quality
- Create product designs that are scalable across platforms and can be maintained in smart ways
- Define product interactions, animations and transitions using prototypes
- Partner with engineering to ensure designs are executed as envisioned
- Look at product usage data and user research to consider the best execution of every product feature
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Able to mentor designers to maximize team productivity and individual growth by effectively monitoring quality standards and allocating work and across team members
- Foster a culture that values the importance of design and the impact it can have on customer engagement and business results
- A strong sense of UX and visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces
- Experience quickly adapting to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements
- Comfort and confidence in presenting your ideas to senior leaders within the organization
- Experience and appreciation for using data to inform design decisions, including A/B testing
- Ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple UX/UI concepts
- Minimum of 6 years experience with a minimum of 2 years in management
- An amazing portfolio that illustrates a deep understanding of functional UI/UX paired with modern sense of visual design currency. Any applicant without an online portfolio will not be considered
- A passion for innovation with an attitude that good enough is NEVER good enough
- The right candidate should have agile scrum experience where they have been a member of a scrum delivery team in a product development environment, working closely and have strong communication skills with Product Owner, QA engineers and developers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled