Producer - CBS News.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The CBSN Originals unit is looking for a producer who can tell compelling stories in a longform documentary format. The series is a correspondent-driven, immersive program that takes viewers on a journey or investigation. Our stories are experiential and in-the-moment, not driven by voiceover.
- Oversee projects from start to finish – from pitching, researching, shooting (b-cam), and writing script.
- Work closely with the editor in post.
- Work with freelance shooters, but on occasion may be primary shooter.
- Seek out original, untold stories, find compelling characters and unconventional perspectives.
- Serve as a creative storyteller who has unique story ideas and understands verite.
- Must have minimum 5-7 years work experience in journalism and filmmaking.
- Must have experience producing in long form.
- Must be a creative storyteller.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be a proficient shooter.
- Needs basic Premiere skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends. Extensive travel may be required.