CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content.
- Write copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages.
- Research and write questions for anchors for guest segments.
- Write banners and quotes during breaking news.
- Work with editors to turn around pre-taped segments.
- Pitch and execute special feature and recurring segments.
- Support the development and production of digital media exclusive programming, writing and producing assigned features and cover stories.
- Edit shows in accordance with our rights clearances.
- Support special shows and projects as needed.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in broadcast and digital.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in the control room.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news with smart programming and creative storytelling.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with different departments.
- Time management skills.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends.
You might also have –
- Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Familiarity with ENPS.
- Basic video editing skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled