Post Production SupervisorApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Entertainment Tonight is launching an interactive streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video. It will be available live and on-demand 24/7 via our app, on OTT, desktop, mobile and across social platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We are looking for an experienced and effective Post Production Supervisor to lead our Avid video operation. This is both a creative and supervisory role; duties range from original development and content quality to practical troubleshooting and scheduling. Our video needs are wide-ranging: from quick turns of press conference sound to experimenting with different prototypes for social platforms. The right candidate needs to have deep technical knowledge (preferably in TV), a strong creative flair and be accustomed to the pace of news production.
● Optimize all technical workflows in Edit and the connections to Control Room and Master Control
● Manage video playout system for Distribution
● Lead and evolve the editorial style of video operations, incl. new formats for social media
● Manage unit logistics including staff scheduling
● Set and enforce production standards; QC video with constructive criticism to mentor staff
What you bring to the team
● Deep knowledge & experience in post-production management and digital media systems and workflows
● Extensive background in Media Composer in Interplay environment, including Avid Archive & Restore
● Experience scheduling and budgeting
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and problem-solve
● Familiarity with iNews/Media Central or other rundown system
● Capacity to give direct, constructive feedback to help develop a staff
● Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including event coverage
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
You might also have –
● Experience with video playout systems like Crispin or Grass Valley K2
● Proficiency with graphic systems or camera/audio expertise
● History creating content that performs well on social media
● Experience covering live events: Red carpets, events, junkets, film festivals, etc.
● Understanding of CMS publishing and web production
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled