Oakland Raiders WriterApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
• The Pro Sports team at 247Sports is a unique blend of sports coverage mixed with breaking news spanning across the culture spectrum. Our success is dependent on a team-first, selfless approach and being first out of the gate with superior content and creativity.
• We are looking for a staff writer to manage all aspects of coverage for the Oakland Raiders on 247Sports. From all fronts, and under direction of the 247 Pro Sports management team, you will be the face of the editorial and social content we provide to this specific fanbase.
• Identify key content opportunities for maximum reach
• Create and share content through our Oakland Raiders distribution channels; site, social, newsletter, and more
• Work with the editorial team to adapt coverage throughout all NFL seasons of the calendar year
• Integrate team content for a national front for use on other team distribution channels
• Reevaluate current processes in place to add editorial and social upgrades
• Develop, implement, and oversee new creative opportunities
• Expand Oakland Raiders coverage from written content to video, podcasts, and more
You have –
• Skilled in content identification, writing style, and social aspects
• Must have knowledge of the Oakland Raiders and the NFL as a whole
• Independent, self-starter
• Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends
• Must successfully pass a background check
You might also have –
• Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
• Experience producing content, both short and long-form
• Experience with on-camera work, radio, and/or verbal podcasts
• In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.