Media Manager (Contract)Apply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Ensure that video assets are recorded, distributed and played out as planned.
- Route and monitor programming sources to appropriate channels
- Communicate clearly with Streaming producers to ensure that plans are understood and executed successfully.
- Verify that the ENPS Master rundown accurately reflects producers’ editorial rundowns and programming plans; adjust Master rundown when needed; generate and execute playlists in our automated rundown/playout system, Crispin.
- Troubleshoot and work with engineers and producers to resolve technical and/or workflow issues; report maintenance and QC issues and ideate potential improvements for the overall process.
- Coordinate ingest of live feeds, and transfer of media, into CBSN’s Avid ISIS server.
- Maintain working knowledge of master control, ingest, media management and LTO archiving operations.
- Work both independently and as a team member with a high degree of professionalism.
- Embrace a quick-changing, high pressure breaking news environment with proficiency in both judging and responding to competing priorities.
- Help test new infrastructure and technologies that impact our workflow and end-user experience.
- Seek constructive solutions and liaise between the editorial and technical teams across different verticals.
- Maintain a healthy and robust Avid ISIS media server.
- Stay on top of archiving our daily shows and ‘Originals’ documentaries.
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies as it pertains to media management, ingest, master control and archiving.
- Stay abreast of the current landscape of digital news and video content for the Web.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a live news environment, dealing with intense deadline pressures and continually reacting to breaking news.
- Deep knowledge of Avid systems, including Avid ISIS , Avid Airspeed, Avid Command, Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, Avid Media Central and Avid MAM.
- Solid experience with digital video capture technologies such as Avid Mojo DX, Kona AJA cards, Blackmagic Design routers.
- Proficiency with AP’s ENPS and Avid iNews.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including overnights, holidays and weekends.
- Expertise in Avid Media Composer/Newscutter and Avid Interplay.
- Strong knowledge of LTO archiving and best practices.
- Proficiency with Crispin playout server
- Solid experience with Quality Control in relation to audio and video for our live stream output.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled