Media Manager - CBS News.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- The Media Manager is responsible for managing and ensuring the successful technical delivery of media and programming.
- Responsible for Three Main Areas: Master Control, Ingest and Server Management
- Ensure that programming, pre-tapes and video assets are recorded, distributed and play out as planned
- Communicate clearly with Streaming producers to ensure that plans are clear and executed successfully Route and monitor programming sources to appropriate channels
- Verify that the ENPS Master Rundown accurately reflects producers' editorial ENPS rundowns and programming plans generally, adjust master rundown when needed
- Generate and execute play lists on automation system
- Troubleshoot and work with engineers and producers to resolve technical or workflow issues
- Report potential maintenance issues and potential improvements
- Coordinate ingest of live feeds, and transfer of media, into CBS digital's Avid Isis server
- Maintain working knowledge of master control, ingest, media management and related technologies
- Communicate daily with Control Room Director for timing in and out of shows
- Work both independently and as a team member with a high degree of professionalism
- Seek quick and constructive solutions; liaise between editorial and technical teams across different divisions
- Pursue high-quality work that reflects programming vision and supports the CBS News brand
- Embrace a quick-changing, high-pressure breaking news environment with proficiency in both judging and responding positively to competing priorities; perform other duties as assigned
- Position is staffed 24/7. Therefore job requires scheduling flexibility, including overnights, early mornings, late nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of Avid systems, including Isis server, Airspeed 5000 server, Newscutter, Media Composer, Interplay Central and MAM; digital video capture technologies such as Avid's Mojo DX and Kona's AJA cards; Black Magic Router, AP's ENPS, Video CMS's such as The Platform's MPX, Final Cut Pro.